- Communal – A focus on the campaign and/or the environment, rather than the characters themselves, who may be somewhat interchangeable, or even shared.
- Concurrent – A persisting campaign with a progressive story arc and very dependent on specific character’s involvement.
- Episodic – Mostly smaller, serialized story arcs that conveniently wrap up to allow the game to continue to the next story arc without much interruption to the pacing of the campaign.
- Intermittent – Non-linear or non-concurrent story arcs. Differing characters and other core elements may persist in this campaign.
- Sandbox – ‘Open world’ design, where the party’s interaction with the gaming environment has a more direct influence to the campaign.
Return to Design.